Here are some activities happening in the area this weekend to commemorate Veterans Day 2023.
- Anthem: Veterans Day Ceremony hosted by Anthem Community Council: November 11, 2023, The public is invited to Honor, Salute and Support our veterans and their families at the Anthem Veterans Memorial Annual celebration and ceremony. The annual patriotic event for the entire family includes music and videos, charity assistance and more. The morning culminates with the sun’s rays passing through the five military branch pillars to form a perfect spotlight on The Great Seal of the United States. Breakfast will be available for purchase starting at 8:15 a.m. and ending at 10:00 a.m., Vietnam War Era and Surviving Spouse Pinning begins at 9:15 a.m. to 9:45 a.m., Ceremony will be from 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Chandler: The City’s celebration culminates with the annual Veterans Day event on Saturday, Nov. 11 at the acclaimed Field of Honor, located within Veterans Oasis Park. The celebration begins at 4:30 p.m. with acknowledgments recognizing our local heroes. Live music will be provided by local band, Shiftwork, immediately after the ceremony. 4050 E. Chandler Heights Road Chandler, AZ 85249. Free
- Gilbert: The 19th annual Veterans Day Ceremony will take place at Gilbert Regional Park with a classic and custom car show, guest speakers, musical performances and more. Lawn seating will be available and guests are encouraged to bring a blanket or a lawn chair. Food trucks will be on site. 3-7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 9. Gilbert Regional Park, 3005 E. Queen Creek Road, Gilbert. Free.
- Phoenix: The Heard Museum invites all to honor the service and sacrifices given to our Nation by American Indian veterans and all those who have served in the Armed Forces.Veterans plus one guest receive free museum admission all week, from Tuesday, Nov. 7 through Sunday, Nov. 12.
10 a.m.- 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11. Heard Museum, 2301 N. Central Ave., Phoenix. Free.
- Surprise Veteran’s Day Parade: Join Surprise in honoring our service men and women at our 9th annual parade. The parade begins at 10 a.m. and will be routed along Bullard Avenue between Paradise and Tierra Buena lanes. It will feature community floats, bands, dancers and more! If you’re arriving early to get a spot, there’s an option to purchase breakfast and coffee from 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. at Surprise Stadium in the centerfield plaza. This year’s breakfast is $7 and will be proudly served by the Surprise Police Department.
7:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 11. Surprise Recreation Campus, 15960 N. Bullard Ave. Parade is free.
- Fountain Hills: Fountain Hills’ Veteran’s Day event is being held on Friday, November 11 at the Veteran’s Memorial in Fountain Park. The event is presented by the American Legion #58, Marine Corp League, and VFW Post 7507. A special missing man formation will fly over the lake as part of the ceremony.
9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 11. Fountain Hills Veterans Memorial at Fountain Park, 7166 E. El Lago Blvd. Free.
Tempe: Veterans Day Parade participants include members of the Tempe City Council, various Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops, local school marching bands, community members, veterans groups and many more. Volunteers will hand out thousands of small flags to children and veterans along the parade route. Join in the patriotic fun of this hometown tradition!
10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 11. Steps off at ASU’s Gammage Auditorium aorund 12th Street and Mill Avenue. Free.
Phoenix Veteran’s Day Parade: Honoring America’s Veteran’s will be hosting the Phoenix Veteran’s Day Parade on Saturday, November 11, 2023, 11:00am – 1:00pm. The Phoenix Veterans Day Parade will begin at 11 a.m, heading south on Central Avenue from Montebello Drive to Camelback Road, turning east on Camelback Road to 7th Street, then turning south on 7th Street. It ends at Indian School Road. View Map here. Free
Apache Junction: Begins on Phelps Dr heading West on Apache Trail. We are happy to announce that we have received final approval for an Air Force fly-over at 9:30 am on 11/11 to start the parade. The fly-over will consist of 4 F-35 fighter aircraft from Luke Air Force Base. We will have a 2nd fly-over later in the parade from the Commemorative Air Force. Come on, join us for the 36th annual Apache Junction Veterans Day Parade!!!! 9:15 am. Free
East Valley Veteran’s Day Parade, Mesa: The East Valley Veterans Parade starts on Center Street and University in Mesa and runs South on Center St. to 1st St, it then turns west onto 1st St. and continues to Robson. The parade starts at 11 a.m. It lasts approximately 1.5 hrs.
Or stop by the USS Arizona Memorial Gardens at Salt River Fields in Scottsdale to see the largest recovered relic from the USS Arizona, walk the paths and pay homage to those who served aboard.